Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Think about parents..

Today, Gail showed us a lecture about FAMILY, which comes from 'Father And Mother I Love You'.
Yeah, It's been a while since I came US. Just 7 months ago, I still was in university in Vietnam. I talked with them friendly and thought that my life will end in Dalat, where I was born. It's hard to explain for you to understand me my feeling at that time. I went to class and painted my dream with a bad perspective. How can my friend understand that they are not READY to step in life. I used to be a accountant, but I dislike that. Many times trying to make some new things but it's not like what I wanted. After graduated from highschool, with thought that Vietnam's degree will be meaningless, I started to do business. Believe me, at that time, what I did for a 17 years old Vietnamese guy is CRAZY. My saving money was not enough; so I borrowed money from my parents, my aunt, my friends and was off university about 2 week for my business. I talk on the phone to order good because they don't believe a little boy like me. Using my relative with friends, I sold nearly almost what I had. I felt self confident although I nearly earn NOTHING. Anyway, it gave me first experiences that: "DON'T BELIEVE ANYONE WHILE YOU DO BUSINESS" I gave up with that job and came back to university. One more time, I felt that educational system in Vietnam is so BAD, I decided to open a company when I was in the first day of age 18. I invited many friend who is older than me to copperate. I did have an own website, office, and bank account for doing that. After 2 months, I relized that I was wasting time. I quit everythings although my company are growing so fast. I told my parents that I want to study in Australia where my cousing are learing. I ask her clearly about AUS and finally decided to study abroad in US. For me, everything I have in Vietnam is not important anymore. I come US with the think of a beginner. Just 3 months from the day I told my parents my plan, I was so lucky to be here in US!!

What I was affraid in US is not the lectures in college. That's the new life!! I also got culture shock and I really DO need time to over pass. I don't want to base on any one even that's my parents. And here it is. US gave the change to do that. I know that I have to GROW UP as fast as possible.

2 comments:

Gail said...

I like your acronym. Very Nice! You have had a lot of experiences for such a young man; however, you also have given a lot of deep thought about about life. Your sincerity is admirable. I do wish you all the very best as you discover what it is that you really want to be!

Gail said...

I have one more question. What does this post have to do with the assignment that I gave you regarding the WWW.Census.gov? I like your thinking, but you need to connect it to the assignment!